Penrose Studios crafts ground-breaking immersive stories, and needs your help building a platform for this new artistic medium. We need an art director to design the look of our virtual reality stories that immerse viewers in our worlds.
- Work with a small team to conceptualize new experiences.
- Create, direct, and modify production artwork for VR.
- Use industry standard and proprietary tools to create content.
- Manage and build a small team of artists as necessary.
- Partner with production manager, engineers, and designers to see our projects through from concept to ship and beyond.
- Strong 3D art modeling skills.
- Ability to define and drive varied art styles, from realistic to caricature to abstract.
- Technical skills – understand the underlying technology and tools necessary to make art for virtual reality.
- Broad familiarity with modern 3D graphics art production – rigging, animation, modeling hard surface, environments, shaders, etc.
- Familiarity with standard game engines such as Unity and Unreal Engine.
- Familiarity with industry standard art tools such as Maya.
- Portfolio demonstrating a keen interest in games and/or VR.
- 5+ years industry experience in games, film, or other interactive media.
Penrose is based in San Francisco.