BUILD & RELEASE ENGINEER
Penrose Studios crafts ground-breaking immersive stories, and needs your help building a platform for this new artistic medium. As an build & release engineer, you will play a pivotal role with keeping our technical and artist teams running smoothly by maintaining the infrastructure for building our virtual reality experiences. We build VR experiences for a large variety of target platforms, and you will help us streamline the process of delivering our experiences on each one.
- Design, implement, and maintain build and release tools for a VR production pipeline
- Create a QA workflow for evaluating virtual reality tools and experiences
- Integrate new SDKs and upgrade device run-time environments as new third party software becomes available
- Bachelor’s degree or more in Computer Science or related field
- Strong knowledge of C++
- Strong knowledge of software configuration management
- Experience developing cross platform software
- Strong attention to detail and collaborative mindset
- 5+ years of software engineering experience
- Experience with SDKs and writing plugins for third party applications
- Experience developing for and using Unreal Engine
- Familiarity with Android and or iOS development
- Experience with game development
Penrose is based in San Francisco.