Chief of staff
Penrose Studios crafts ground-breaking immersive stories and needs your help creating management structure for this new artistic medium. We’re in need of a motivated and adaptable individual to support our senior management team as Chief of Staff. The right candidate for the job will contribute to the long-term success of the company.
- Plans and directs all administrative, financial, and operational activities for the organization's CEO and other team leads.
- Organizes and prioritizes critical issues and required information for the executive to facilitate efficient decision making.
- Acts as a point of contact or gatekeeper between top management and other stakeholders.
- Provides oversight and guidance for high profile projects.
- May act as an advisor to the chief executive.
- May be responsible for the management of executive support staff.
- Develops major goals to support broad functional objectives.
- Approves policies developed within various sub-functions and departments.
- Strategist, consultant, and implementer, ensuring streamlined activities within the organization based on the priorities of the CEO.
- Handle day-to-day management of personnel to allow the CEO to focus on growing our business.
- Bachelor's degree required. Masters or higher degree preferred.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the overall departmental function.
- Passionate to learn about virtual reality, animation, and production processes.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to work under pressure, possess a positive attitude, and remain organized.
- Ability to adapt in quick changing environment.
- Familiarity with Google docs, Google Sheets, and Gmail.
- 8+ years of managerial experience.
- At least 4 years working in an office environment -- startup experience a plus.
Penrose is based in San Francisco.