Penrose Studios crafts ground-breaking immersive stories, and needs your help building a platform for this new artistic medium. We need a Data Engineer to help us collect and organize data sets in our experiences.
- Collaborate with a team of engineers and artists to create innovative VR and AR content
- Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements
- Create data tools for analytics and data scientist team members that assist them in building and optimizing our product
- Build analytics tools that utilize the data pipeline to provide actionable insights
- Bachelor’s degree or more in Computer Science or related field
- Strong knowledge of C++, Python
- Strong knowledge of big data tools such as Hadoop and Spark
- Strong knowledge of relational databases: SQL and NoSQL.
- Experience with data pipeline and workflow management tools such as Azkaban and Luigi
- Experience with AWS cloud services
- Collaborative mindset and ability to communicate effectively
- Strong debugging, profiling, and run-time analysis skills
- Strong knowledge of programming languages Python, C#, Scala, or Java
- 5+ years of software engineering experience in a Data Engineer role or related field
- Experience developing for and using game engines, such as Unreal Engine and Unity
- Familiarity with source control systems , Perforce, and Git
- Experience with stream-processing systems such as: Storm, Spark-Streaming, etc.
Penrose is based in San Francisco.