Director of Photography
Penrose Studios crafts ground-breaking immersive stories, and needs your help creating the best interactive media. We need a Director of Photography to create sequences of shots that visually tell the story using Game Engines.
- Work closely with the Story and Animation department to assemble VR layouts based on 2D Storyboards.
- Able to establish lenses, camera cuts, assemble and edit sequences to create compelling cinematic 2D format of our VR experiences.
- Staging every shot and plotting the action that will take place within each scene
- Ensure that all animated assets are set up properly in the Game Engine
- Work closely with the Director, Art Director and other departments to achieve visual standard for the IP, maintaining the style and visual look of the experience both in the VR experience and the 2D format
- 3-5 years of experience as a Layout Artist on animated feature, or cinematographer on live action feature
- Proven artistic skills in cinematography, with a solid foundation using light, shadow and color
- Have a strong sense of composition, perspective, staging and camera language
- Strong editing skills, including use of lenses, positioning and camera movement.
- Solid knowledge of game engine preferred (Unreal and/or Unity)
- Be highly film literate and able to meet the filmic needs of a production
- Deliver on schedule, working calmly and efficiently under pressure
- Be able to take direction and be willing to address constructive feedback
- Be able to work with a minimum of supervision
- Strong interpersonal skills and outstanding communication skills
Penrose is based in San Francisco.