Penrose Studios crafts ground-breaking immersive stories, and needs your help building a platform for this new artistic medium. As an interactivity engineer, you will find new and exciting ways of interacting inside virtual worlds by utilizing cutting edge controllers, headsets, and other types of devices. You will build novel user interfaces, and bring our virtual worlds to life.
- Design and implement VR user interface components
- Continually prototype and test new techniques for interacting with virtual worlds
- Perform informal user studies and analyze performance to determine optimal control schemes
- Stay up to date on current VR interaction techniques from emerging products and academic research
- Bachelor’s degree or more in Computer Science or related field
- Experience using C++ for real time graphics applications
- Experience designing and implementing complex user interfaces
- Knowledge of UI design principles
- Knowledge of 3D math and graphics algorithms
- Collaborative mindset and ability to communicate effectively
- 5+ years of software engineering experience
- Ability to conduct user studies
- Experience developing for and using Unreal Engine
Penrose is based in San Francisco.