Mobile VFX Artist
Penrose Studios crafts ground-breaking immersive stories, and needs your help building a platform for this new artistic medium. We need a Mobile VFX Artist to help us bring and create visual magic for our mobile experiences.
- Collaborate with a team of engineers and artists to create innovative VR and AR content
- Design, create, and implement beautiful visual effects for our mobile experiences using third party tools in a real-time game engine.
- Work with art department and digital supervisors to define a consistent look and maintain a high quality across the experience.
- Work to ensure visual effects assets are optimized and finished within deadlines.
- Create pipeline tools to help streamline mobile VFX pipeline.
- 2+ years of experience in the computer graphics industry;
- 2+ years of experience working in a real-time game engine: Unity 3D, Unreal Engine.
- A good eye for motion, compositing, and animation of VFX
- A strong understanding of particle systems;
- A strong understanding of shaders.
- Skilled in 3D polygon modeling, UV mapping, texturing and lighting.
- Passion for VFX and animation in virtual reality;
- Collaborative mindset and ability to communicate effectively
- VFX debugging, profiling and optimization skills
- Knowledge of programming languages C++, Python, C#
- Familiarity with source control systems , Perforce, and Git
- Experience with node based vfx editors and workflows.
- Experience with Houdini.
This Application Requires a Reel as part of the submission form.
Penrose is based in San Francisco.