Penrose Studios crafts ground-breaking immersive stories, and needs your help building a platform for this new artistic medium. As a Network engineer at Penrose, you will help bring people together in virtual worlds. It is your job to create the client and server model that enables multiple headset users to interact with each other.
- Create the core technology for enabling social virtual reality experiences
- Develop real time networking server and client code
- Build networking layers on top of existing and proprietary game engines
- Bachelor’s degree or more in Computer Science or related field
- Multiplayer networking protocols & algorithms
- Strong knowledge of C++
- UDP/TCP protocol design experience
- Collaborative mindset and ability to communicate effectively
- Strong debugging, profiling, and runtime analysis skills
- 5+ years of experience writing networking code for games
- Unreal Engine experience
- Experience developing cross platform software
- Familiarity with Android and or iOS development
Penrose is based in San Francisco.