Penrose Studios crafts ground-breaking immersive stories and we are looking for a Production Artist with experience working in animation and/or game, AR, VR production to join the team. The ideal candidate will also oversee the creation of print and digital material, event booth graphics and more.
- Work with creative leadership to help define the style and create 2D production art that will be referenced throughout the production process.
- Pre visualization utilizing 3D modeling tools and game engines as part of the creative process that will help inform and drive production.
- Must be able to follow direction, as well as conceptualize and design within determined style.
- Work with creative leadership to develop interesting and visually stunning graphics for event booths, backdrops, printing material and more.
- Understands the print process and print production specifications.
- Other technical duties may include scaling, cropping, retouching, repositioning and preflighting, or eliminating defective and excessive imaging from promotional materials.
- Consistently apply and enforce brand guidelines for each project.
- Consistently meet production goals as assigned by Production Management.
- Minimum of 3 years of production artist experience.
- Proficient in the latest version of entire Adobe Creative Suite and Acrobat is a must.
- BONUS - Knowledge of: Maya, 3DS Max, Zbrush, Substance Painter, UE4, Unity.
- Experience working in animation and/or game, AR, VR production, with a general understanding of how their work is translated through a production pipeline.
- Adaptable and comfortable with stylization both in design as well as lighting.
- Strong understanding of form, lighting, staging and composition.
- Self-motivated, excellent organizational skills and a great team-player attitude.
- Avid interest in the possibilities of Augmented and Virtual Reality.
Additional Beneficial Skills
- Web design.
- 3D generalist skills including modeling, surfacing and lighting.
- Game engine experience.
- Video editing.
Penrose is based in San Francisco.