UI/UX GAME DESIGNER
Penrose Studios crafts ground-breaking immersive stories, and needs your help building a platform for this new artistic medium. We need a UI / UX Game Designer to create prototypes and layout samples as well as conceptualize visual styles and interactive experiences.
- Build visual strategies, wire frames, page layouts, interactions, prototypes, icons, user flows for the experiences, including HUD, menus, and lobby based on information architecture and accessibility principles;
- Create functional prototypes for rapid iteration on key elements;
- Validate and iterate on your design and visual proposals through prototyping, user testing, live player vetting, and collection of ongoing feedback.
- Follow-up on the final implementation of all features to ensure the proper execution of the user experience and design and assist in post launch analysis with our analytics & research team
- Account for user feedback and user research to optimize the experience.
- Work closely with the rest of the design team to ensure game play designs shine within the constraints of the media.
- Produce various graphical assets and 2D icons in various levels of fidelity and in a wide range of styles with oversight from Design Leads
- Minimum of 4 years as graphic designer, UX designer, UI designer, interaction designer, visual design, or similar.
- Solid knowledge of interaction and design, information flow, readability, human-centered design, and interface usability principles.
- Strong graphic design fundamentals and illustration skills - a sophisticated artistic sense, skills creating iconography that reinforce the experience overall art direction.
- Ability to deliver prototypes and designs for complex interactions – whether high or low fidelity using the Adobe Suite, HTML, and/or Axure.
- Ability to explain the reasoning and process behind your design and interaction.
- Knowledge of usability testing preferred.
- Proactive, innovative and autonomous, with high standards for quality.
- Able to prioritize well and work quickly.
- Collaborative with excellent communication skills.
- Technical ability to pick up complex authoring tools quickly.
Penrose is based in San Francisco.